Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A post yelling email exchange

August 13, 2009



Andy,

I am not sure what has happened to you in the last 24 hours.

Per my response to your phone tirade yesterday, we will be there today to remove the blue tarp. The first wave of the bronze is finished and we will begin the installation of such today.

Our plan is to pack it up this morning and be there mid morning.

As to your neighbors: with the removal of the blue tarp, the only thing they will have to object to is the modern structure itself,
to which they had objections to when the first elements were installed.

As to the timing of this project, please understand that I am not trying to drive you crazy, but merely trying to finish a difficult project under difficult circumstances.
With that in mind, I apologize for the stress and inconvenience that this project has caused you and Sara. But please also understand that this project has caused me considerable stress, both technical and financial.

In spite of the long history of this project, all the elements for completion are ready and we can move forward to complete this. I only ask you to hang on to your last threads of patience for a few days.

Henry

------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 19, 2009


Henry,

Now that you've made some progress and I have calmed down, let me explain things a little further. It had gotten to where I have neighbors knocking on our door in the evening to chew me out about the tarp, which had been in place for nine months. There was no getting across to them that I couldn't simply fire you and find another contractor, and I've been at wits end. So it seemed that yelling really loud was my only option. I don't know if you had intended to come the next day or not. I'm only sorry that things had gotten to the point where I had to do it. When you couple this with the previous long delays, and your past reassurances about how quickly things would go, it added up to more than we have been able to handle.

We do realize that you will very likely lose money on this project. But we have signed a contract, and we did expect that it would be honored in a reasonable time frame. which would have been something much closer to the 12 weeks that was written into the contract.

The exterior bronze looks terrific. Let's get the interior wrapped up.


Andy

No comments: