Sunday, November 16, 2008

The great bamboo dig

The area where the tea house is to go in was occupied by several bamboo plants that we planted about 10 years ago. They never really thrived because the spot is so shady. But we didn't want to dig them up and throw them away. So we put an ad on Craigslist in March of 2007 for free bamboo (u-dig). We got response from 30 people, from all walks of life. Including families, young couples and fathers and sons. Some clearly had no experience with plants at all. Below is a partial collection of the responses we got. Within 2 weeks, all the bamboo was gone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi!
I saw your listing for free bamboo plants, and I would absolutely love to take them (some or all) off of your hands! Two questions, though: 1) By when do you need them to be removed?; and 2) Are you located somewhere that is metro-accessible? I know the second question seems odd, but I don't have a car this weekend, and I'm not sure whether my friends will be available to lend me a ride to pick up and take home the bamboo. At the very least, I'll be able to provide some entertainment for other metro riders. :)
Thanks!
Colleen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I get some Bamboo plants please?
Thanks,
Neil

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there,

I would love to take some bamboo plants. Do you think they'd be okay if I replant them but keep them indoors? Also, I have no problem digging them out but I do not own a shovel--do you have one I could use?

Thanks!

~Angela

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello,
I am interested in your excess and unwanted bamboo.
I could come and dig it out much later today, or any time tomorrow
(sunday),
or mid to late afternoon on monday.
please respond pro or con as to whether there is any left.
I would be willing to take a little or very much.
I have a farm and want to get several patches started.
sincerely, james

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to have one small plant. Please email address.
Mar

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Fellow Craiglister:

Thank you for posting your ad for bamboo. I have been looking for bamboo for sometime and will happily take the full lot off of your hands asap. I am available today. I have a truck. And, I have a few handy-men to ensure a rapid, hassle-free transaction. Please let me know which steps I should take in order to pick up your lovely bamboo plants.

Thanks for sharing,

NISA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posting for bamboo. I'm interested.
Can you tell me what species of bamboo?
How fast do you need to have removed?
Thanks much!
Roger

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






So the bamboo has been spread far and wide.



----------------------------------------------------------

No comments: